How to use the Waterpik dental irrigator step by step
Are you going to use a Waterpik for the first time? Don't worry, its operation is quite basic, adapted so that any type of person can use it. Throughout this article, we will give you a complete explanation of how to use Waterpik step by step.
Prepare the Waterpik before using it
When you have unpacked the Waterpik irrigator you will have to do a small prior preparation to avoid problems:
- Connect the irrigator to the electrical current (If the irrigator is cordless, charge it).
- Attach a standard mouthpiece to the handle.
- Fill the tank with a little water.
- Select the highest pressure level and connect the irrigator, directing the jet to the sink.
What is the reason for performing these steps? For expel the air that has accumulated in the filters and the tube. You only have to do it the first time you use it.
How Waterpik works: Step by step guide
After the previous preparation, you can now use your irrigator. How does the Waterpik work? Follow these steps:
choose the nozzle
In the box you will find various types of nozzlesone for each type of cleaning:
- Orthodontics: It has a small brush at the tip.
- periodontal: It is used to remove dental plaque.
- Language: It is the flattest, it is used to scrape the tongue.
- Basic: It has a fine tip with a small hole.
To place it, exert a little pressure until you hear a "click". In the most modern models, the irrigator has a button on the handle to open the hole. After inserting the nozzle, release the button and it will be fixed automatically.
Fill the water tank
Remove the tank and fill it with warm water. The reason? Cold water can be very annoying, especially if you have a little sensitive teeth or inflamed gums.
That is why experts always recommend using the irrigator with warm water. It can be used hot water if you have a lot of tooth sensitivity.
In the cordless irrigators he reservoir is filled through a small hole located on the back of the handle. Only a few models have a removable tank.
Select the pressure level
Depending on the model, this step is performed differently:
- Desktop: The pressure is regulated through a dial which is located at the base of the irrigator. Level 1 represents the lowest power and 10 the highest.
- Wireless: You will have to turn on the irrigator to be able to choose the pressure level by pressing the mode button. Normally, Waterpik portable irrigators specify the pressure levels with the names soft, normal and high.
Prepare for cleaning
One of the drawbacks of the irrigator is that when the water comes into contact with your teeth it splashes a lot.
To avoid staining the floor, lean slightly over the sink. Next, place the mouthpiece in your mouth, but without it coming into contact with the teeth. You must make a safe distance to prevent the impact of the jet from damaging the enamel of your teeth.
Clean your mouth
Press the ON button, or toggle the switch position, to activate the irrigator and begin cleaning.
What is the correct way to clean your mouth with the Waterpik irrigator?
- Direct the jet towards the gum line above the tooth, so that the water penetrates the periodontal pocket and loosens the dirt.
- Then slightly lower the jet to clean the rest of the tooth.
- After 2-3 seconds at most it changes teeth.
- When you're done with the front, follow the same process to clean the inside of your teeth.
Yeah do you use orthodonticsour advice is that first use the basic mouthpiece for remove food residues and dirt from the appliancefor later use the orthodontic mouthpiece to complete the cleanup.
Clean the water tank
After each use it is It is very important to make sure that there is no water left inside the tankbecause this would cause layers of mold and other germs to form inside.
Be sure to properly rinse and dry the water tank. To the least once a monthuses a mixture of white vinegar with water to sterilize the tank and clean the filters of the irrigator, avoiding the formation of plugs due to the minerals in the water.
Deja un comentario