How to fix dental irrigator: Practical solutions for the most common breakdowns
If your irrigator has stopped working, you should not despair. Before calling the technical service, it is possible that you can repair it yourself, as we will explain below:
Common problems with oral irrigators
After so much use, you may find yourself with one of these problems:
- The jet has lost power: This is because there is something blocking the flow of water in the filters and the irrigator tubing. In this case, use vinegar with water to remove the obstruction.
- leaks: The leak can be caused by the deposit, because the rubbers have worn or the tube, because it is loose or there is a hole. You will have to change the part.
- Noise increase: Does the irrigator make more noise than normal? That is because there may be a loose part. Open the irrigator and check that everything is perfectly connected.
The above problems are the most common, and are the easiest to fix. Now, the problem is that the irrigator does not turn on? In that case there must be a fault in one of the parts.
repair it yourself
Is it possible that you can fix the problem yourself? Indeed, and that is why we are going to explain how to fix a dental irrigator step by step:
- Remove the tank, to make it easier for you to operate with the base of the irrigator.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver, unscrew the screws on the base.
- The first thing you should do is check the battery, making sure it is well connected and, of course, in good condition. It may have stopped working because it overheated, in which case you will need to replace it.
- If the problem is a connector, it's easy to find a replacement part at any store that sells electrical supplies.
- Before reattaching the cap, make sure you thoroughly clean the irrigator inside, dust buildup is also a possible cause of failure.
So that you do not have any problems during the process, we leave you a video so that you can see the procedure to follow step by step:
How to contact the technical support of the dental flosser manufacturer if you can't fix it
Despite having followed all the steps above, is your irrigator still not working? Then, you will have to contact the technical service of the brand.
How can you do it? There are two ways:
- Go to the store where you bought it so that they send it directly to the brand for repair.
- Through the brand's website, from its customer service section.
- Write an email to the email specified in the instructions.
Keep in mind that not all brands have a website, and in some cases you can only contact calling on the phone or by sending an email to the email address specified in the warranty and manual.
Deja un comentario